Friday, June 15, 2012

To Zambia or bust!!!!!

          Well, I am on my last leg of the flight that will take me to Africa!!!!!  Even as I write, I am sitting in the plane, 3 1/2 hours away from South Africa. From there, we go straight to Zambia! We will land in Zambia at 8:30pm, and we’ll be to our lodgings by 11pm tomorrow night in Zambian time…which translates to 2pm in California time. Friday morning I will wake up in Africa!!!!
          Training went good. We learned all about the Zambian culture, including several new phrases in one of  the their languages, the proper ways of showing respect and so much more!!!! I have gotten to know my teammates, and am so excited to see what the Lord will do with us, in us, and through us!
           Right now, I am filled with such a  joy, and peace as I have never known before!!!!  I am so eager to be there, and have this calling fulfilled. The thought of serving my Lord in the pace that He has ordained for me, is more exciting then I have ever thought possible!!! 
             Listening to all the stories about how God brought each of us to this place, only confirm to me that He truly is in control of the situation, leading and guiding us in the way He would have us go. Directing us to the place and responsibilities He would have us go and do. God truly is in control, and this summer will be one crazy, amazing journey, as we learn more about our great God, as or faith grows, miracles are performed, and lives are changed..all by the power of God!!!
            It is with eager anticipation that I await the works that He will do,  and the wonders that He will perform in my life, and the lives of the others around me! Now  we go forth as 4 interns, 4 warriors for Christ, and 4 ambassadors for our King…all for the glory of God!!!!
              “….all the days ordained for me, were written in Your book, before one of them came to be.”
  Psalm 139:16

No comments:

Post a Comment