Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Day 11: Pray this…

        I found this prayer on Roy Lessin’s daily devotional site, “Meet Me in the Meadow”. This prayer impacted my spiritual life and challenged me to prayer more fully and devotedly. It challenged me to pray for change in both my spiritual and earthly life. This is a prayer that I will definitely be praying more often.

       “Father, change me. Change my heart to love You more deeply, change my mind to know You more fully, change my will to serve You more completely. Change me from the inside out. Change my interests, my motives, my desires—may the things that are the most important to You, be the things that are the most important to me.

         Jesus, change me. Bring Your mighty rivers to the dry places of my soul. Feed me with the living bread that can satisfy my hungry spirit. Immerse my heart in the fountains of Your all-redeeming love. Change my ashes into beauty, my sorrow into song, my restlessness into peace, my darkness into light. May the pathway You want me to walk, be the pathway I fully follow.

       Holy Spirit, change me. Be my Teacher— if I am to know truth it must come through Your revelation; if I am to have understanding it must be heard through Your voice; if I am to have clarity it must be seen through Your light; if I am to have wisdom it must be known through Your instruction; if I am to experience change it must come through Your power. May the anointing of Your abiding presence be the oil that is poured upon me.”

        An amazing prayer that every hard core Christian should pray! The only way we’re ever going to grow in our walks with the Lord is through change. Change is the essence of spiritual growth. We cannot expect to grow if we are sitting in one place, content with where we are at. No, we need to be praying for change so that our walks can change for the better.
         Here are some of the verses that Mr. Lessin sited for the content of his prayer:    Psalm 51:10, Ezekiel 36:26-27, Psalm 40:3, Isaiah 43:19, 2 Corinthians 5:17, Galatians 6:15 
              
                                                                                "For the glory of God!"

No comments:

Post a Comment