Monday, June 18, 2012

The heart of God’s plan

          Sitting at the café today and looking out the window at the market square, I was filled with love for these people and this culture. For 9 years, I have dreamt and prayed about this day. I have asked God a hundred times over to please give me the strength and the courage to leave all that I have and go to Africa.

          I have always loved this land, and have known from the start that because He called me here He would sustain me, but never in my life have I felt such a covering of peace, love, comfort, and protection over my life as I do here in this country. God truly is with me; leading me and guiding. Though I am in a strange place, I know that am in the country that God created me for, serving the people He has ordained me to serve, loving the orphans He has called me to love, and embracing the culture that He has predestined me to be part of.

That is why Africa is part of me. Ever since my call, I have been African down to the very core of my being. For years I have longed for and prayed for this day, and now that I am here, I know that there is no other place in the world that I would rather be this summer, then here. For here in this little country of Zambia, is the heart of God’s plan for me. The first stepping stone towards His ultimate plan for me. I have taken the first step, and am now on a winding pathway towards my destiny. There is no turning back. So here I am now, embracing His will, following His plan, fulfilling His call. I have embarked on the journey of a lifetime, the first trip of many. The final step towards complete submission to His will…..Zambia.

                                 “For the gory of God!!”

“Then you will look and be radiant, your heart will throb and swell with joy;”

Isaiah 60: 5

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Shelbie,

    It is such a blessing to hear a little about your adventures in Africa. Although it has only been four days, I can see the love and light of Jesus Christ shining through you (and your blog posts!!). Those children are so blessed to have such a virtuous young woman caring for them.

    Even though I miss you terribly, I know that you are right in the center of God's will - which is right where you should be!! You are such a godly friend, and a true inspiration for me. I admire you so much! Keep letting the joy that Christ brings radiate through you. :)

    Love,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelbie,

    I completely agree with Olivia! You have even been an example to me and I can only imagine how much you will shine Jesus' light to the non believers in Africa! As I look back to your fundraising months, I can completely see God's hand through it all. What a testimony! I can't wait to read more blog posts! I love you sister in Christ and may the Lord bless you and keep you!

    Love,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete