Friday, June 15, 2012

Zambia!!!!

          Well, we’ve landed in Zambia! We are officially in Africa!! The things that I was feeling coming off that plane and taking my first step onto African soil was the most overwhelming feeling I’ve ever felt. To know that I am finally in the land that God has called me to, in the place He ordained for my summer, standing in the center of His land for me is an amazing feeling!! 

           Somehow, stepping onto that last plane, arriving here, and going through everything up to right now, feels like daja vue.  Watching the scenery go by on our way to our dorms, even in the dark, everything looked exactly like I had ever imagined. Nothing felt unusual, out of place, weird, or new to me. It all felt like this was normal, that this was how things are supposed to be. So I guess one could say, everything feels the way God wants them to feel.

         It is such a reassuring, calming, peaceful feeling that washes over me and floods my entire being, as I think back to my calling and then look at where I am today, and realize that I am in the first step to completing that call.  I am finally in the heart of God’s plan for me, as I am stepping out to start my fulfillment of His divine purpose! Tonight, as I sit here in Africa, I am following through with my commitment to God: completing my promise to go where he leads!!!

                  

                 “Whom shall I send? Who will go for us?”…..

                    ”Here am I! Send me.”       

        Isaiah 6:8

(for the record, this picture is not mine, it is the courtesy of Flickr. I was unable to get any pictures at the airport, but I wanted all of you to be able to see what we saw. I will hopefully have some of my own pictures to post in the next few weeks! Smile)

1 comment: