Saturday, June 16, 2012

Day 1: a day in Changwe

           Earlier today, I had the privilege of meeting the sweet Changwe children that I will be working with this summer.  There are 56 children in the Changwe ‘My Father’s House’s’, but only 17 of them will be under my care.
           Hanging out with these precious children, I was struck by how attention seeking and love thirsty they are, when the sad occurance  came to e]me that these children have hardly ever felt the love of a real parent. For many of them, their parent’s died when they were very little, so that they have no recollection of  that kind of love at all. With this thought, arose a deep desire within me to show them a love more powerful then any earthy love; to show them God’s love.
         All of us interns spent the rest of the afternoon, running and playing with these sweet children, and overall getting to know them a little bit. All of my favorite things that happened today, happened in Changwe with those children. One of these memories was playing volley ball with the big kids while they attempted to teach us their karate movies, all while keeping the ball in the air and chanting this awesome Nonga chant every time the ball hit the ground within the designated circle. That was super fun!
        Shortly after we arrived Obed, one of the older boys in the group, came up to Kate and asked her how it was possible that Christiana ( both of these girls are 2 of my team mates), could be both black and American. So it was after lot of confusion, that Obed went up to Christina and proceeded to ask her if a heavy amount of snow in Texas was what made her skin a lighter color then his. Later on, he again came up to Christina, and this time asked her if his skin would be lighter if he lived in he states too.  That boy is too funny! Of course, the whole team got a kick out of that. Even Christina.
             Later on, towards evening, I was sitting with some of the little girls when one of them, Precious, asked me if she could cut my hair. Disappointed smileOf  course, I promptly and politely declined, and instead we all went and played “My Pony”.
      Hanging out with these sweet orphaned little ones, made my heart soar  to think that I was doing to very thing that God had called me to do: work with the orphans. My heart was filled to overflowing with the joy, peace, and love that was quickly flooding in. And the overpowering sense of God’s presence was amazing. It is absolutely incredible to know that we will be caring for the very people group that God solemnly promises to protect and preserve.
       To know that God’s special presence dwells with these very little ones that we will be ministering to makes me stand in awe. To think that we will be “partnering” with Jehovah Jirah this summer, totally makes all the sour emotions, and hard times that we will go through absolutely worth it %100!! So again, it is with eager expectations that await the works and the wonders that God will perform through us and in us!!!  For the glory of God!!!
“I know that whatever God does, it shall be forever. Nothing can be added to it, and nothing can be taken from it. God does it, that men should fear before Him.”
Ecclesiastes 3:14

1 comment:

  1. cutting the hair scarier than a marriage proposal..LOL Sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete