Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Beautiful Epiphanies of God

        “I have a Maker, who formed my heart. Before even time began, my life was in His hands.
          I have a Father. He calls me His own. he’ll never leave me. no matter where I go.
          He knows my name. He knows my every thought. He sees each tear that falls, and He hears me when I call.”
-‘He knows my name’ by Tommy Walker
~~~~~~
“Let peace like a river attendeth my way. Let sorrows like sea billows roll. Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, ‘It is well. It is well with my soul!
“It is well. It is well. With my soul. With my soul. It is well with my soul!”
-‘It is Well’ by Horatio G. Spafford
~~~~~~
“When I found you...I found somebody who cares.  When I found you...I found love. When I found you…. I found the rest of my life. When I found you….I told all others good-bye. When I found you I saw my fears fly away like a dove. When I found you I found love”
-“I found love” by BeBe and CeCe Winnows
~~~~~~
“All to Jesus I surrender. All to Him I freely give. I will ever love and trust Him, In His presence daily live…..All to Jesus I surrender; Humbly at His feet I bow, Worldly pleasures all forsaken; Take me, Jesus, take me now……All to Jesus I surrender;
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine; Let me feel the Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine…..All to Jesus I surrender;
Lord, I give myself to Thee;Fill me with Thy love and power;
Let Thy blessing fall on me….All to Jesus I surrender;
Now I feel the sacred flame……I surrender all,
I surrender all;All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.”
-“I Surrender All” by Judson W. Van DeVenter
~~~~~
           These are the songs that I am listening to in the office. These are songs that I have heard a hundred times before, but never have they impacted me like they have today. Listening to the African instrument accompaniment, and even just hearing them while I am serving my Lord over here, gives them a new meaning for me. Today these songs touch me as they never have before. The first two pierce my heart as they remind m that I’m not alone. That my Heavenly Father is here with me, looking out for me, and loving me through everything. These songs remind me that this summer was planned long before my birth,  and that He has held my heart since before the world began. 

           The last named song, sets my heart on fire as I once again think about the work God has ordained for me, and once more “surrender all”. Listening to this song, I have once more vowed my life, love, and faithfulness to Him for as long as I live.  This song is an epic reminder to me of Who I am serving, why I am serving Him, and what I need to do with my life.

         This song also reminds me that life is short, but eternity is everlasting. The way I live my life determines the way I live my eternity.  As a Christian, I need to live for eternity. I need to live as though each day were truly my last. I need to live I such a way as to prepare myself to meet my Maker in the blink of an eye. So once more, that brings me back around to my call; because I vow to live for eternity, I also vow to serve the Lord in Africa for as long as He has need of me! Whenever He calls me back, I know that I will once more leave all that I have to come kneel before the throne of my King.
“For the glory of God!”

“Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own”
1 Corinthians 6:19

1 comment:

  1. James 4:14b "What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes."

    Colossians 2:2 "Set your mind on things that are above, not on things that are on earth."

    ReplyDelete