Friday, June 22, 2012

Day 7: Developing spiritual growth while waiting for the Lord to move

            Today is another slow day over here in Zambia. We haven’t quite figured out what the staff wants to do with us until Camp Hope starts. Once Teen Mania comes to do that, things will kick into action and it will be none stop chaos the rest of the summer, but until then…..it is slow.
            We really haven't been able to be with the children as often as we would like to yet. Because of the passport issue, we couldn’t go through with our plans to visit them either Tuesday or Wednesday. Then waking up this morning, most of the staff members are still in Chongwe from yesterday, so we can’t go there and we can’t be at the office all day. So we are literally sitting around…blogging and talking. (That’s why I am blogging on my day way earlier then I usually do.)
               I am trying to seek the Lord in this, and figure out what the outcome of this week has done for me, and why He has given us so much down time when we should be…and want to be…busy.  Personally, I have discovered that  this week has given me a chance to grow in my walk and strengthen my prayer life. In the past 7 days, I have had more quiet time with my Father then I have ever had in such a short time. I have learned so many things, and my walk has sprouted abundantly!! I have come to a new understanding of what walking with God  and leaning on Him means.  I cannot speak for my teammates, but for me personally this week has been immensely powerful in my walk, and has been a huge tool in puling me closer to the Lord. 
             Even though I am still itching to get out there with those kids and get busy doing the work we are supposed to be doing, I am content to wait upon the Lord, knowing that His timing is perfect. I know that there are still many things that He can teach me through this down time, and I eagerly search for each new lesson that He would have me learn.
  “For the glory of God!!”
“Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.”
Matthew 11:29

1 comment:

  1. Continue to use that down time as a place where you can grow and seekt he LORD. Life in Zambia is at sucha different pace than here in America- both take time to adjust to.

    ReplyDelete