Saturday, June 16, 2012

The beautiful side of love…loving with all your worth

         “Auntie Katy, auntie Katy!” The children all screamed as we pulled into the Changwe ‘My Father’s House’ community. 56 children surrounded the van in a screaming haze of excitement, all eager to hug ‘auntie Katy’.  By the time I was able to get out, the children had become aware of the new interns’ presence and were just as eager to meet us as they were to see Katy again.
        Stepping out of the van, I found myself surrounded by beautiful,smiling faces, and outstretched hands, and my heart immediately melted. As I gave out hugs, and shook hands, my heart quickly filled with love for these precious children who are obviously still hungry for love. From that moment on, I knew exactly why the Lord saw fit to place me here at this time in my life. I am here to love these children with the love with which Christ loves His children. I am here to show these children God’s love; a love that some of them may have never known before.
      God has shown me many things today. For starters, He has shown me how to love with all that I am worth, to rejoice with other’s joys, and to ache for the sufferings and losses of other’s.  Through all this, He has shown me a whole new side to the beauty of His creation. He has shown me how He is in all nations, planting churches in all cultures, with followers of all nationalities. But most of all, He has shown me the beautiful side of love.  He has shown me His love more vividly then ever before!
“The Lord has made all for Himself…..”
Proverbs 16:4

No comments:

Post a Comment