Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day 2: God’s little blessings…and a day at the cafe

          My sister Shaylah once told me that my blog posts are always long, and I have to say she’s right. Even being here for just 2 days, there is still too much to write about to do a short post. So hang with me, and enjoy this little glimpse of Africa

           Today is my second day as an EOH intern, and my first free day in this beautiful country.  I started the day by sleeping in till 9, and waking to the sounds of Africa. Waking up to these sounds both mornings since I’ve been here has been wonderful! I think these are some of the most beautiful sounds in the world!  Each morning, after I’m ready for the day, I have loved being able to walk outside and breath in the cool African breeze, and take in all the scenery of the college campus where we are staying.

         During these past 2 days God has pointed out so many simple, yet precious little blessings to me. So here is a ‘multitude Saturday’ about my life in Africa thus far.

        1. Waking up to the sounds of Africa right outside my door

        2. smiling children eagerly grabbing for my hand

        3. The peace and joy that God has given me

        4. The ever present feeling of God’s presence with me

        5. The way the sun’s golden beams peek through the silvery clouds and bask the distant mountain terrain in their light

        6.  The local café where we have internet….and consequently Skype!!!

         7. My sweet parents and sister getting up at 4am to Skype me

                             (Thank you guys!!! It was wonderful to see your faces and hear your voices again!! I love you bunches and bunches!!!! xoxoxo)

           8. My funny sister and her Facebook posts

               (You are too funny an ornery Shyloh!!)

        9. God’s loving hands and daily comfort

        10. The feeling of God’s satisfaction and joy in me..nothing like it in all the world!!!

           After we got up, we headed to the street mall ‘Arcade’, where we spent the rest of the day on the internet, Skyping and updating everyone back in the states. Overall, it was a really good day. I greatly enjoyed getting to see the city, the people, and the culture a little bit more. That is how we spent our first free day. Hopefully next time I blog I will have pictures for you. Blessings from Africa!

                                       For the glory of God!!

2 comments:

  1. Being long isn't a bad thing, I was just harassing you! Lol!:)I love reading your blog and your updates, keep it coming! I love you very much and am praying for you! May God be seen through you and the work that you do!!!!

    ~Shaylah

    P.s.
    Your BFF misses you very much:-)

    ReplyDelete