Sunday, July 29, 2012

Lessons from the Mamas

       One of the things that God has really been challenging me on these past 2 weeks is to step even further out of my comfort zone and stretch my service beyond the EOH staff. He has really put it on my heart to assist the Mamas that have been cooking for Teen Mania. Every morning these sweet women have been arriving at the camp sight at 6am to fix breakfast for TM and each night they don’t leave till well after 8pm. They spend their days fixing food not only for TM but also for the Camp Hope children. By the end of the week they are tired and worn out but they don’t get a break till TM leaves.

        So for the past 2 weeks I have been trying to help them in any way I can. We have fixed food, set up meals and washed dishes together. I have sat with them by their fire, talked with them about their lives and served alongside them and have been so blessed through this. These women have become very special to me. I have grown to know them and love them. While God was using me to bless them in these small ways, He was also using them to richly bless me as well. It has been such a joy to me to be able to come alongside these sweet women and assist them in any way I can. I have seen God in their selfless service and have been challenged by their example to be more servant hearted and other centered. These women have taught me what it means to be a real servant of God. I am so blessed to have gotten to know, learn from and work alongside these sweet women.
                                                         "For the glory of God!"

No comments:

Post a Comment