Saturday, July 7, 2012

Day 22: New visas and Camp Hope preparations

              This morning we all loaded up and went down to the immigrations office to get my visa. It was chaos there. There were lines of people all pushing and shoving. We got moved to 2 different tables before we got the right place. Once there it took the man quite a while to give me my visa. For nearly 10 minutes he sat there staring at the wall with my passport sitting in front of him. When he finally got around to giving me my visa he only gave me month long visa so now we have o go back on August 6th to extend my visa another 8 days. What a joke!  But at least I am now legal in this country again. That is a huge relief!

              After we left the immigration office, we headed back to the EOH office where the staff had camp registry spread sheets waiting for us. We spent the rest of the afternoon typing spread sheets and updating our blogs.  In the evening the Lord blessed us with the power staying on so we were able to make a real dinner and spend some time in the Word. It was a busy morning that turned into a slow afternoon at the office. God guided us through immigrations, granting us favor in the sight of the workers and enabling me to stay in the country and not get deported….which was what I was worried about since it was taking so long to get the visa. Tomorrow we  will be heading into the office in the morning to finish some Camp Hope preparations and get ready for our boys party.  God’s grace was sufficient for me today! He again proved Himself to be active in my day to day life as He led me through the day.

                                    “For the glory of God!”

No comments:

Post a Comment