Thursday, July 5, 2012

My Solid Rock

         These last 3 weeks have been very challenging weeks for me in my walk with the Lord. I have gone through so many spiritual changes. I keep growing stronger in my relationship with the Lord, but every time I have a day that's spent in the Word and prayer, I am attacked the next day. Satan is not losing any time trying to tear me down and dissuade me from my purpose. I know he is working to try and discourage me from following through with God's call on my life and he is certainly working extra hard now that I'm here. He knows my weakness is my family, and is therefore using that very thing against  me. Every time I spend time several days in the word and give all that I'm struggling with to God, I am encouraged and uplifted. But without fail I always go through a spiritual "darkness" the next few days, fighting everything that God had just recently helped me overcome. So it has been a challenge to me, dealing with all this and not letting myself get too down.

         I stumbled across this video on the internet a few days ago as I was looking for a different song, and it has been such a source of encouragement and strength to me! God has totally used this song to remind me that He is indeed my Solid Rock and is in control of everything that I am facing. This version has an amazing addition at the end, that somewhat relates to what I am feeling...thought on a larger scale than what I'm feeling.  God has used this song to comfort me and remind me that He is near and watching over me with His
loving care. (Turn off my playlist at the bottom of the screen before playing the video.)

                       
                                                            "For the glory of God!"

"My God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior......"
   2 Samuel 22:3

No comments:

Post a Comment