Friday, July 6, 2012

Day 21: New passports and no electricity

         Today was a busier day then yesterday. This morning we went to the embassy and picked up my new passport…I am now half way to being a legal visitor to this country. God again showed Himself to be good, gaining me favor in the eyes of the embassy workers and getting me in and out of there with no problems.
        One good story came out of this particular trip to the embassy: my roommate almost got her phone confiscated by one of the guards. She had taken her phone out to check the time and this guard saw her so he stopped us and proceeded to make her scroll through her pictures to prove to him that she had not taken a picture of the embassy. He then made her shut her phone off in front of him and gave her a strict warning to keep her phone in her bag and not take it out again. The funny thing about this story is we had just gotten done warning her that they could potentially take her phone from her if they saw fit and not give it back, to which she had jokingly talked about them doing it. Talk about ironic!!
         When we were finished there we grabbed lunch and headed back to the office. We got here around 2:30 in the afternoon and sat down to do some more blogging and EOH spread sheets. Around 6pm, the nightly power outage happened so we ended up sitting in the dark with only our flash lights for the next 45 minutes while we waited for our taxi driver to come get us. The power came on again around 8:15, so we were able to eat and get ready for bed with more light then a flashlight. That’s always  plus!
         God has been faithful to daily reveal Himself to me and remind me that He is here with me. He has continually shown me that He is walking with me and before me, paving the way and guiding me. It has been incredible to see all the different ways in which He is revealing Himself to me and reminding me of His presence. Tomorrow we are getting my visa, and I already know that He has paved that path and will be working that out as well. My God has been, is and always will be faithful to supply all my needs!!! My God never fails me!!!
                                            “For the glory of God!”

No comments:

Post a Comment