Sunday, October 14, 2012

Faith through the difficult

“Lord if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.”  “Come,” He said. Then Peter got out of the boat, walked on the water toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and beginning to sink cried out, “Lord, save me!” Immediately Jesus reached out His hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” He said, “why did you doubt?”
    As Christians there is a lot that we can learn from this verse. Things that I have only just learned on the few days that I’ve been on this trip. Often times God will tug at our heart to do something really difficult, painful or even filled with the unknown, and we in a moment of faith will answer as Peter did, “tell me to come to you on the water.”  Like Peter, we too bravely step out in faith until the water rises and in our fear we too sink into the lies of doubt and temptation.

    It is in moments like these, when we are drowning in this world that Christ catches hold of us once more and gently chastises us. Puling us close to Him He tenderly whispers “oh you of little faith why did you doubt? Did you not know that I was walking beside you, strengthening and upholding you? Have you forgotten my promise, that I have never nor will ever abandon you no matter what happens? Have you forgotten that I am always here for you, that I know your needs long before they are a need and have already provided for them? All you need to do is turn to me in your time of weakness and look to me for the strength and grace to get you through this and I will not let you down. When you turn to me I will be your all, for I will never fail you!”

      What a sweet thought, that our Savior never fails and even when we are hopeless He knows our pain and His love will always remain with us, as will His infinite presence. Thank God that we need not walk this life alone nor fall into fear or doubt because Someone greater than us is in control of our lives! I thank God that I can be Peter reaching out in faith and even when I start to fall looking to Him and grasping His hand to rise above the troubles of this world!! 
“For the glory of God!”

No comments:

Post a Comment