Thursday, October 25, 2012

A tool in His hand

      One of the hardest things I’ve had to learn is that God is always at work, working for the cause of His orphans. We are simply tools in His hands, pawns for Him to move where He sees fit in order to bring about his purpose. When I see a hurting child on the streets addicted to glue and selling scrap metal to survive or a child who’s lost both parents and is living with an abusive relative, my heart aches to help them. The pain within me is so great that I sometimes  think I can’t bear it anymore and just want to give up and go home. Then a still small voice reminds me that He is in control. If my heart is breaking this much how much more so does the Father’s heart break for that child, HIS child. The child that He made and has loved since before his or her birth!

       When I walk the streets to help find boys to bring in it is hard for me to see a group of children and be filled with joy at how many we’re helping then watch the group diminish till there is but 1 child left before us. How my heart shatters as I watch them all run back to the streets and have to face the harsh reality that it was simply not in God’s plans for us to help those ones. This is a painful lesson to learn.  But a lesson it is none the less.

        Through each of these hard times I have again been reminded that He loves those children more then I ever could and in His good timing if He sees fit He will bring those children to us so that HE can help them through us. With each of these moments I am learning more and more about the Father’s heart and His plan. I am learning more and more that God is at work and that He is the Mastermind behind all this and we are just His tools. Each child that is helped is a part of His plan and He is at work in their lives. Someday we will see and understand why those ones were not meant to be helped and the others were. But until then we can rest assured that God is at work!
Kenya 2012 163
(Being silly for the camera)
Kenya 2012 146
(Discovering my camera for the first time)
(hitching a ride on the tire)  Kenya 2012 180                                                                                                                                              
             “For the glory of God!”

No comments:

Post a Comment