Sunday, August 5, 2012

Day 52: preparing to say good bye to Zambia

       I can hardly believe my time in Zambia is already coming to an end. It seems like I have been here forever….in a good way.. yet when I look back on the time I’ve spent here, it seems like just yesterday that we were starting out on this journey. The days have flown by but the weeks have dragged on, making this trip seem really long yet super short at the same time. Now, here I am today with just 9 days left in this beautiful country, and as I look back on everything that God has taught me, everything that I have experienced, all the trials and pain that have accompanied this trip as well as the joy that I have had, I know that I wouldn’t have changed this trip for anything in the world!! This summer has by far been the most life changing, faith building and blissful summer of my life!!! I again thank God that He saw fit to bring me here.

     As I go into my final week here and prepare to say good bye to all the people that I have come to love, I ask that you would pray extra hard for me…for all of us interns…as leaving here is going to be really hard for us. These people have become family to us,  these children nieces, nephews, brothers and sisters to us, so saying good bye is going to the hardest thing we’ve had to do all summer. Please pray that God will strengthen, encourage and comfort us as we go through out our week and prepare to reemerge ourselves into American culture. Please pray also for the people that we are leaving behind as everyone here is sad to see us go….the children especially.  Please pray for comfort for their little hearts as they say good bye to their new aunties. 

~Thank you for all the prayers that have been sent our way and I know will continue to do so until we are home. Blessings in our Lord! ~

                                        “For the glory of God!”

No comments:

Post a Comment