Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Matthew 6:34

     People say that going on a mission trip is life changing, but I find that you never really understand just how true that statement is until you have yourself experienced the life changing effects of a mission trip. Now that I am here, I see that living in a foreign country for a month and a half really has changed my life. In more ways than one.

      One of the things that has changed is my outlook on life and relationships. Before this trip I never fully understood just how short and valuable life was. I knew that life was short and valued the time I had with my loved ones, but I still looked at life much differently then I do now. Before this trip I tended to constantly be looking ahead and worrying about the future. I didn’t live in the moments I had, but the moments I was planning. But now that I have been here and really see just how short life is and how valuable time with loved ones is, my mentality has changed. I have taken Matthew 6:34  to a whole new level as I now live in the moments I am given. Valuing them as short and sacred, knowing that at any time this life could be over, or at the very least become drastically different.  In the blink of an eye or with one little decision, everything could change.

     After being here so long, it no longer matters to me what I do tomorrow. What matters to me now is what I do today. How I live my life, what I do with my life, who I change through my life and how I am glorifying my Lord with my life.  From now on I will be making the most of the time that I am given, living in the moment not the future. I will be living for my God, loving my loved ones, serving others and striving to make a difference in the lives of those around me. No more living in the future and abusing the time that God has given me.  By God’s grace I will be returning to the states with the mentality that I am on a mission for God, living my life to the fullest with every minute that I am given.
"For the glory of God!"
“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. 
Each day has enough trouble of its own.” 
Matthew 6:34

No comments:

Post a Comment