Thursday, August 16, 2012

At the end of the beginning

    Well, I am back in America with my family again. I can’t believe that it has already been 2 months and now I’m standing at the end of this journey. I have lived such an incredible story during these past 2 months. I have seen things and experienced things that I never dreamt would be possible. I have been to Africa and back. I have sat in the dirt with children and eaten strange foods for 60 days and now I once more stand on American soil.

      After being in Africa I now know there is nothing that can keep me away from that beautiful continent anymore! As soon as God calls me back I will eagerly return with a singing heart. America will never feel like home again. Africa is now my home. As Dr. David Livingstone said “Africa is my home. The place where my heart dwells. My heart is in Africa.” This is true for me as well. I might have physically left Africa, but my heart is still there. My heart will forever be in Africa now. America might be the land of my birth, but Africa is the land where my heart lives.

       I might be standing at the end of this particular trip, but I’m also standing at the beginning of my life long journey. The journey that is going to take me to Africa numerous times in the course of my life. I know that I will  soon return to the land that I love. I might have said “goodbye” when I left, but that was simply goodbye for the time being. A farewell until we meet again. I might miss Africa and my Zambian family right now, but in the Lord’s good timing I know I will see them again. For in Christ there are no goodbyes.
                                                             “For the glory of God!”  

 “There is one safe and happy place, and that is in the will of God.”
                                                                                                                                ― David Livingstone

No comments:

Post a Comment