Sunday, August 5, 2012

The legacy of Molly

    What is the purpose of life? One of the world’s most commonly asked questions. At some point in life, everybody goes through the stage of questioning the purpose of their life. They wonder why they are put here and they question Gods plan for their life. At times life that, God had to gently guide them back to Him and point them to the cross to understand their purpose. For the purpose of every life is to love and be loved by Christ. The reason that God places all of us here on this earth is so that we can come to know Him, love Him, and glorify Him through our lives.

      As the creations of God, we are called to serve Him with our lives and live out a life of love, leaving a powerful legacy for those we leave behind. We are called to love with all of our hearts, serve with with all that we are , pray with all our might, minister to others everyday of our lives and glorify God with every breath we take. We are called by God to live a life worthy of the calling that He has placed upon us. For many that simply means going by faith to the mission field, but for others that is so much more.

       I recently heard a story about a lady that did just that. Molly Mizarack spent her life in full service to the Lord. She truly lived her life according to the call that had been placed upon her, living worthy of that calling. Molly had a genuine thirst for the things of the Lord and because of this, she had true anointing of the Lord placed upon her by a Zambian pastor. An anointing that filled her with the Spirit, enabled her to speak in tongues and changed her life forever. From that moment on, Molly lived each day of her life to the fullest. Living for the Lord by the empowering of His Spirit in every area of her life. Molly was so Spirit led that she ministered to and prayed for everyone and anyone that the Lord directed her to. Many times this meant stopping in the middle of a grocery store to pray for someone and other times it meant mentoring people about going to the mission field. Whatever the case, if the Lord led her to do it Molly never failed to obey.

      Shortly before her passing, Molly had a vision from the Lord in which she saw 8 orphans sleeping shoulder to shoulder on the dirt. In this vision, the Lord distinctly told Molly that He wanted those children to be in a home. From that moment on Molly’s greatest desire was to get another EOH house completed so they could house 8 new orphans. Last summer her dream came true. After working for months to get house 7 funded, the project was complete and the house was being built. Although, Molly sadly passed away a few months before the house was completed, 8 sweet new children now have a home because of Molly.

      This summer I have had the sweet privilege of getting to meet, know and love the children that now live in Chongwe house 7, which is lovingly dubbed ‘Molly’s house’, and have gotten to see the beautiful outcome of Molly’s work and the fruits of her dream. I have seen how through the efforts of one lady, 8 lives have forever been changed. Even in her death, Molly was changing lives. The people that she was mentoring about the mission field have now all gone out to do the Lord’s work. There are people in Haitie, Africa and many other places changing lives and saving orphans, all because of the legacy that Molly lived.

      Looking at theses children and seeing the joy and healing in their lives and hearing the legacy that this incredible lady lived, I am once again challenged to live my life in such a way as Molly did. After hearing this story I have asked myself over and over, “am I fulfilling my purpose in life and living the way God intended me to live? Am I living my life in such a way as to glorify God with my every action and leave behind a legacy that changes lives? Am I truly living a Spirit led life, walking in obedience to God’s every call and being faithful even in the small things? Am I living a legacy of love and faith or a legacy of human will and human choice?” 

      If I am only being obedient and faithful in the big things, how can I be of full use to God? Hearing Molly’s story has changed my faith and the way I live my life. Hence forth, with the help of God I am going to allow my Lord to use me in anyway I see fit and answer in faithful obedience to His every call. I am going to live my life as Molly did so that one day I too might leave behind a powerful legacy that can be used by God. I pray that I can be a Molly Christian. Living my life in such a way that when people look at me they can plainly see Christ shining through me. I pray that God will find me a willing, ready and faithful tool to be used for His service every day that He sees fit to give me life. May my life forever be used by God!!
                                                    “For the glory of God!”

No comments:

Post a Comment