Sunday, April 1, 2012

"Let the little children come unto to Me"

           These last two months God has brought some amazing people together to help me, but nothing has been sweeter then watching God at work in the children. It has been so special to me to see these kids, working for God's glory to fulfill this call. I have seen how a 10 year old boy has been touched by God to give $20 to the Lord's cause. This little boy was like the widow who gave her all, he gave me everything he had!
           I have had a little girl raising money for the Lord's cause. This little girl, gathered stuff together and did a yard sale for me. She passed out flyers, and convinced neighbors and friends to buy pops from me. She herself bought pops for her birthday party. This sweet girl was able to raise over $120! She did it all for the glory of the Lord!  Even my own 5 and 7 year old sisters have been giving me all the change they can find, declaring that they are "giving this money to Shelbie so she can be a missionary!"
         All these children have been vessels in the Lord's hand to fulfill His plan. Each one of them have been so focused on the things of eternity that they were willing to give up all that they had for God to use for His glory. That little boy gave his all! That girl gave her time, effort and money! I have been so blessed to see these children at work for the Lord, giving their all to God. These children are some special kids, who are wiling to work and serve the Lord, even if it means they give up their time, money, and effort! I know that God will bless their little hearts for what they have done!!!

" ...'Let the children come to Me,and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”
Matthew 19:14

No comments:

Post a Comment