Friday, March 23, 2012

Faith and Fundraising

         Fundraising is such a time to cling to God, and strengthen your faith. This last month has been such a faith building process, as I have watched how God has been actively involved in gathering my funds. I have seen first hand how God can intervene on His children's behalf in such obvious ways that I cannot help but to praise God for what He has done.
       Yet despite seeing Him at work, my flesh often starts to fear, stress, or become anxious. In such cases, I can do nothing but silently pray, thanking the Lord for how He is at work and asking Him to fill me with peace, and renew my faith. The Lord always answers these prayers, either through scripture and people, or even a more obvious work of His hands. My faith has grown so much since starting my fundraising, and I know that when this is through, I will emerge as a victor in faith, having gone against Satan and having brought glory to my King.
       I know that I am a vessel of the Lord's and that His will is my future. I rejoice in the fact that I can play this tiny part in bringing praise, honor, and recognition to my risen Lord and King!  It is my joy to honor Him, and let my life be used by Him and for Him! After all, our life is not our own, we belong to Him. We were created by Him and for Him, to love Him, serve Him, honor Him, glorify Him, and live for Him in that we do! It is our blessing and honor as Christians, to be called to the great commission. It is gift from God, to be counted worthy of spreading the good news, and being called as representatives for the King of heaven and earth!!! Amen!

 Some of  the verses the Lord has used to strengthen and encourage me when I have wandered from the peace of God.

"For by you I can run against a troop, and by my God I can leap over a wall."
Psalm 18:29

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."
Philippians 4:13

 "The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."
Psalm 18:2





No comments:

Post a Comment