Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Glory to God forever? Or on occasion?


    
“Glory to God forever”…… such powerful and inspiring lyrics! But it makes me stop and think….am I really glorifying God forever or am I more of a once in a while glorifier? 

      I recently did a Bible study with the kids in Zambia on the Parable of the talents. As I studied up on the passages before the study the Lord spoke to my heart. He challenged me in how much I was praising and living for Him in my day to day life. Sure, I was in Zambia in obedience to His call, working with orphans and widows,  but that’s not enough.  I can’t go on a mission trip and spend months or weeks at a time serving Him and praising Him all day, then come home and leave all that behind. And sadly that’s exactly what I was doing. I would come home and get so wrapped up in my day to day life and become so comfortable here that I would forget to be living for Him in every possible area.

   God has given me my abilities and skills for a reason. Not to waste them while I’m home, but to use them for His glory wherever , whenever and however I can. He has created me for the purpose of glorifying Him in all that I do. From here on out I will use my life for Him, every chance I get. I pray that this song will be the declaration of my life and that my life will be living proof of His love.

“Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.” 
John 4:22-24
For the glory of God!”

No comments:

Post a Comment