Saturday, November 16, 2013

Random facts and questions

6a00e54f77d4d18833017ee4fd470a970d-800wi 

    My sweet friend Caitie from littlecaitie.wordpress.com recently nominated me for the Liebster blog award so I'm blogging this in response to her nomination. I've never heard of this award before today, but now that I have I'm exited to participate. The Liebster award is translated in German to something like "sweetest" or "kindest". It's a fun way to find new blogs to read and encourage fellow bloggers. Depending on which source you use, the rules will vary but in a nutshell it is basically a way boost audiences for new or small blogs. I answer 10 questions that Caitie asked me and give 10 random or odd facts about myself, then I nominate 5-15 blogs (or however many I follow) and leave 10 different questions for them to answer. This is kind of a fun way to get to know our fellow bloggers and for my readers to get to know a little bit more about me:) So here we go.....

Questions from Caitie:
1 // What is your goal right now? Hmm.. my goal right now is to draw closer to God so much so that people can no longer see me as an individual, but to look at me will be to see God in me.

2 // Random small pleasure?
People watching..that can be so entertaining!


3 // Stripes or polka dots?
Hands down polka dots! Especially white polka dots on red or royal blue:)


4 // Beach or mountains?
Mountains all the way...love that pine scent and the woody scenery!


5 // What is your favorite Saturday morning ritual? Doing personal devotions around the kitchen table with the family


6 // How do you feel about calendars? I like them when they're not chaotic, lol. (I'm not too of fond of them when they are chaotic:)) 


7 // What is your favorite holiday tradition? Ooh.. writing letters to Jesus and rereading them while listening to Daddy read the Christmas story on Christmas morning!


8 // What countries have you traveled to? Trick question for me... I've "landed in" Turkey, South Africa, Senegal, and England but I've "lived" in Kenya and Zambia:)


9 // What is your favorite book? Definitely Hind's Feet on High Places (highly recommendable)


10 // What is your happiest memory? Oh, I would have to say that would be when I came home from Zambia last summer! <3


10 Random facts about myself: 
1. I love driving with my windows rolled down (I'm kind of a dog when I drive as I like the wind on my face, lol) 
 
2. I have always wanted to study astronomy and get a pilot's license.. and a plane:)

3. I have numerous adopted grandparents at the retirement home I volunteer at

4. I'm a tutor yet I stink at Algebra and geometry.. oxymoron I know, lol (I always tell people I can't do those subjects:)

5.I have a strange infatuation with shadows..they intrigue me for some reason

6. I'm a huge fan of poetry and British literature

7. I have friends in numerous countries in the world

8. When I was little I was so meticulous about how my bed looked that my sisters had to do "therapy" on me to cure me of that (aka...they wrecked my bed numerous times a day, haha). Needless to say, after that I'm "cured" lol.

9. It has been 2 weeks since I've worn jeans and prior to that it had been over 3 months (if you can't tell I'm partial to skirts:)

10. I've rescued and released dozens of sparrows and a pigeon (I've even helped raise a day old kitten)

Nominees: 
http://bustingagut.blogspot.com/ 
http://shhfamily.blogspot.com/ 
http://www.drawneartotheking.blogspot.com/ 
 http://shhkids.blogspot.com/

Questions for nominees: 
1.// What is your strangest habit?
2.// How has God moved in your life in the last year?
3.// What has been your greatest faith builder?
4.//  What's the craziest thing you've ever done in your life?
5.// What's your life verse?
6.//  What's your favorite vacation spot?
7.//  What's your favorite season?
8.//  What was your greatest life lesson?
9.//  What's your favorite book of the Bible?
10.//  What's your favorite song?


   Well, that's that! A few random tidbits about myself:) Thanks for reading this out of the norm blogpost. When you leave here check out the blogs I nominated. They're great reads!

"For the glory of God!" 

2 comments:

  1. I got nominated to!!! :) Happy blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelbie! I am currently writing my post, but I took a quick break to look at Cait's other nominated blogs. I just had to tell you that we have the same answer to question #2! That made me laugh :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete