Friday, April 26, 2013

Funny and random quotations of the past weeks

1. "My children are getting fat. They didn't used to be like this. I'm sure it is the schools food that is making them chunky. "-Mama Florence

2."Auntie Shelbie, you've gotten short and fat!" -Aleck

3. Hope: "Do you want to trade papers now?"
Me: "Um...sure?"
Hope: "No! Why do you want to trade papers?!?" 
A few seconds later...
Hope: "Yes! We will trade papers. We need to trade papers right now. (Haha. This girl keeps me laughing.)

4. " Auntie, eat more Nshima. We want you to be fat!" -Faith

5. Choolwe: "Do you know what my name?"
Me: "Of course, you're Choolwe!" 
Choolwe: "No! I'm Billiat!"
Billiate: "I'm Dickson"
Clement: "And I'm Michael"  (Oh these boys...always trying to get my mixed up on their names:)

6. Upon introducing some of the kids to my family via Skype:
Choolwe: "Hello, I'm Michael"
Michael: "And I'm Lubasi and..(pointing at Helen) she's Thoko!"

7. Agness: "I'm going to walk you home alone this time auntie. And if anyone tries to hurt you, I'll fight for you! I'll fight them off!!"

8. Faith: "You take care of me and I'm going to take care of you. I'm going to make sure you eat eat eat ang get fat!" (For some reason they like us to be fat. Lol.)

9. Lolly in an email to me: "Shelbie, I love you so much! I'm gonna love you even you're old!" 

10. Shylie: "Heeeey Looollly! Shelbie's not gonna be here for yoouuuurr birthday but she'll be here for miiiinnne!!" (said with a sassy little toss of her head. Lol)

11. Jacob: "You're very stupid you know that!?!" (don't worry he was acting in a film so it was all fake. haha)

12: Jacob..in an old man voice..."Gooooddd...bless us aaalll! Eveerrry one of us!" 

13: Ba Mareta and Ba Patricia: "Every man for himself but God for us all!"

14. "The sun shines so much here. It's always sunny so we're always in the sun. That's why we have black skin. If I went to America where the sun didn't shine as much, I'd have brown skin." -Mama Florence

15. During a conversation about tacos in which all the Zambians are cracking up and I'm sitting there not understanding what's being said....
Ba Humphay....still laughing: "Do you know what mataco is in Nyanga?" 
Me: "nooo..."
Someone in the crowd: "it's means buttocks." 
Ba Humphray, rolling again: "So you eat tacos and we all have a mataco!"
  
 Gotta love these people. They keep me laughing and smiling even on the hardest days.Thank you Lord for allowing me to work with such neat people who are such great examples of joyful Christians.
"For the glory of God!"

1 comment:

  1. hey Shelbie I've ate pumpkin soup, potato greens, okara soup, and various African dishes that I and my mom make but what is Nshima I don't think I've ever heard of it.

    ReplyDelete