Friday, November 23, 2012

A thankful heart

       Tonight as I sit here pondering all that God has done in, through and for me this year and all the past years, I am filled with gratitude and praise. I look at how far He’s brought me and how much He’s carried me through over the years. All the heartache, pain and trials He’s helped me overcome, along with all the joy and blessings He’s heaped upon me and I am in awe. I’m amazed and humbled that God would care enough about me to be so attentive to my life and caring of my needs.

       Through Him I am so abundantly blessed that it is impossible for me to write down all the reasons I am thankful! I am flooded with a heart of thankfulness as my mind runs over all these things. There are literally thousands of gifts along the pathway of my life that are a cause for thankfulness. This year I have a few more reasons to be thankful. I am thankful for the beginning of the journey to fulfill my call, new friends, first time mission trips and the beautiful continent of Africa that has completely stolen my heart! But most of all I am thankful for God and all that He is to me!  I thank the Lord for WHO He is and what He has done!! This last reason alone is enough to make my heart to sing His praise! He truly is the greatest gift we have and the most important reason to give thanks!

“Your mercies are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness!”  
 Lamentations 3:23
"For the glory of God!"

No comments:

Post a Comment