Saturday, February 1, 2014

When I fly

praying at dawn "I'll fly away oh glory, I'll fly away in the morning, 
when I die hallelujah by and by, I'll fly away! "

 I sat there listening to these lyrics and watching the video of the man who is now gaining his eternal reward. I had goosebumps as I watched his life legacy. The video got me thinking. If I died tonight what would my life legacy be? How will people remember me when I'm gone?

    I walked away from that funeral in awe of the legacy that man left and praying that at the end of my life I too have that kind of legacy. The one thing that kept coming back up as the pastor talked was how devoted Mr. Jerry was to God...his faith, his discipleship of others, his trust...etc. How does one develop that kind of faith and devotion to God? Or more to the point, how does one leave that legacy? It’s quite simple: by living in genuine faith and faultless obedience to God.

   I’ve learned that God rarely calls us to do big things. More often than not the things He asks of us are small and unnoticeable things. Yet He will never present us with big opportunities to serve Him if we are not faithful in the little things. By building up our obedience in Him, we allow Him to build a legacy around our lives. Whether that is a legacy that touches hundreds or simply dozens, is based on our faithfulness to the Designer of that legacy.

    I don’t know about you, but I know I for one, want to surrender the pen of my life to His hands and let Him write my story how He will. When I die I want to know I made a difference in this world, in the lives of those around me, in my church. When the day comes that I’m entering into eternity, I don’t want to be lying there with regrets, wishing I’d done things differently.  I want to be so faithful to God that He is fully able to use me to set this world on fire for Him! To have that kind of faith I know I have a long wait ahead of me. I pray that as I seek to become the woman God designed me to be, He will develop within me the spirit of obedience and faithfulness.

When I fly away I want to hear Him say, "Well done, thy good and faithful servant!"

   rare opportunities photo
"For the glory of God!"

No comments:

Post a Comment