Thursday, June 13, 2013

I will come to you!

  As the airport came into view my stomach lurched with excitement. A smile a mile wide spread across my face as I looked over at my seatmate, Christina Cates. Her face mirrored my own. Breathless with excitement and anticipation, we gasped, "WE'RE IN AFRICA!!!" Suddenly it was all I could do to stay in my seat till the plane landed. That night as we drove through town watching the beautiful, moonlight landscape pass by, I knew I'd already fallen in love with this place. The next day as I lost my heart to the children and mamas of EOH, I knew I would never leave Africa with my heart in one piece.

   Today marks 1 year since I first said yes to God's plan and allowed Him to send me where He wanted, starting me off on the greatest adventure of my life. At that time last year I was on a plane headed to Zambia where I'd soon plant my heart. Tomorrow the 2013 interns head off to start their term in Zambia, and due to a strange change in the Lord's plan, I will not be with them.

    In early May after a series of safety issues, I had to come home. After much prayer, God clearly told me that I was to stay for a while. A few weeks after being home my cousin was hospitalized and shortly afterwards passed away. I now see just a glimpse of His purpose in bringing me home and am grateful to Him for how He directed my trip. God is sovereign and His purpose will stand in our lives no matter how badly we want His will to be different. (Job 42: 2) In this case, I did not want to leave despite the danger, and honestly I fought Him every step of the way that whole month, until He finally had to bring me to my knees before Him.
     
   Though I am home for now, not a day goes by that I do not miss Zambia and the family I left behind there. Every day my heart longs to be back there. To sit in that beautiful red dirt with my clothes and skin stained by it's fine grains, to breath in the wonderful scent of Africa, watching the many wonders of God being performed right before my eyes and being with my Zambian family. A large portion of my heart stays with my Zambian family, connecting me to that wonderful country.

   At this time, I do not know what God has planned for me in near future, nor do I know when He will show me. But for now it is enough for me to know that I am in His will, walking the path He has laid for me.With the love that the people of EOH and I share and the knowledge that my heart is still in Zambia, I can honestly say if it be God's will, "Zambia, I will be back!!!!"

"I will come to you." John 14:18
For the glory of God!


   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment