Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Zambia 2013!!!!

     All I could do was cry as my family counted the money God had brought in for my trip. Double the amount I needed! That was to be the first of many lessons God taught me on His sovereignty and might.

    Fast forward to today, I have learned numerous more lessons about His character and His plan for me and am still learning these things. Every day brings a new lesson. I have learned time and time again what it means to step out in faith, leaning not on my own understanding but on His, trusting that He knew what was going to happen and would act accordingly. I have learned and am still learning to surrender my all to Him everyday, trading my will for His and becoming a puppet in His hands. Having received the summons of the Lord to return to Zambia, I am off again. Next Saturday I leave for 5 months to minister to the orphans, widows and staff of EOH.  These past 4 months have kept me busy tutoring, babysitting and cleaning houses with an occasional cakepop order. My fundraising has been like the turtle, slow but steady. God has continually been faithful to provide even when it looked like the funds weren’t coming in.

       I am continually amazed at where God has me in life and what He has me doing. I have always been a quiet, background girl who dislikes crowds and working with strangers, so I am constantly wondering why God would choose me to do this work when He knows it is exactly what I fear doing. The only conclusion I have come to is this: God does not choose us based upon our character or personalities but upon our willingness to surrender to and serve Him.  

 "God asks the question, "Whom shall I send?"
Now what will we answer? Will we go and do as he says?
All that he wants is a heart, ready, willing and waiting
-"Here I am," Rebecca St. James
 “For the glory of God!”




No comments:

Post a Comment